Friday, August 17, 2012

Cockatrice, a free MTGO Experience

A good friend of mine told me about this program where we can test and battle online called Cockatrice. I did all the downloadin’ and I’m gonna be doing some preliminary playing, for potential future videos where I'll playtest decks. It's called Cockatrice, and yes, it's named after this:



             And more likely, this:

To get cockatrice up and running, I found a great set of videos from this youtuber called Fubsywubkis. I suggest you check them out before you start playing.
Here’s the link to download Cockatrice.                           
This is the installation video for PCers:

            And for our Mac Friends:


Then this is a quick tutorial of how to use Cockatrice and get your battles on. Realize that this is a sandboxy program, so I highly recommend you read the instructions and have a good knowledge of Magic game mechanics before you go trying to run before you can walk. I myself am notorious for not reading instructions, and it bit me in the butt so I had to go back and watch the videos. The videos are really helpful. 



Lemme know what you think!                       

—Uncle Landdrops
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment