Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Talking Dragon's Maze, And A New Challenger Approaching!

With Dragon's Maze previews in full swing, I figured we'd get a short article in today about how epic Magic can be when they take Harry Potter's Triwizard Tournament and do a great mash-up with The Hunger Games.

Before we talk about the last Return to Ravnica block, I want to let you guys know we've got a new writer who'll be starting up here soon. I don't have much more than that yet, but I'm hoping to get him in on The Stack this weekend or sometime next week. So stay tuned. Cause TGZ's gettin' bigger. So show your support.

Moving right along, let's talk Dragon's Maze!


I've been excited since we got wind of the storyline from PAX East, and the Guild Champion concept was spoiled.

I'm a whore for cool creature cycles like this, and I think it's one of the reason I love Ravnica so much. More than anyone else, it's great for our EDH community because we get to reap the benefits of engineering decks around these guys.

Though a few of the guild leaders haven't really been all that impressive as Commanders, the three Champions I've seen so far have got me relatively impressed.

Seriously, read and re-read Vorel's text. It gets better the second time you understand what they wrote. I think both Ruric Thar and Melek, Izzet Paragon could help create some heavy-committing archetypes in the metagame, and I'd love to see these decks around.

As for a couple of the mythics, Ral Zarek seems cool, but I'm a little more interested to see how quickly the Rules Committee decides to ban Master of Cruelties. I don't think it's ban-worthy, but I also didn't think Grisly-bizzly, Prime Time, or Worldfire were that bad either.

I don't want to talk too much more about the spoilers yet, cause I think we're gonna do some special stuff with them once we get more of the scoop.

So for now, be sure to check the spoilers a little after midnight during the weekdays to see the hot new stuff.

Here's a good link in case you need a place to go.
Dragon's Maze Spoiler!



Honestly guys, this set looks sweet. I'm considering buying a box really, which I haven't done since Rise of the Eldrazi. So check it out, and keep up.

I'll be back Thursday with something. Not sure what yet, but it'll be good. I promise.

Kirk Out.
-UL




No comments:

Post a Comment