Friday, September 28, 2012

Top 10 RTR Prerelease Pulls For Me

Ravnica Prerelease is tonight, and if you've been following my thoughts on the spoils, you know I'm pretty excited.

Since I've had a pretty long week to think about the set as a whole, I'd like to take the opportunity to show you the cards I hope to pull tonight.

Before I start, I do want to say for the sake of obvious exclusions, I want copies of all the reprinted shocklands, guild gates, keyrunes, and guildmages.


Okay. Let's count it down.

10. Necropolis Regent

This card seems pretty good. A 6/5 flyer for 6 that's kinda like green's Vigor. I think this card is probably just better than Vigor because of the cards you can put around it and the things you can tutor for.

9. Armada Wurm

Yeah, I'm a tool, I know- but this card is gonna be good. It's the Titan everyone was temporarily missing, and with Populate, this could get bonkers.

8. Trostani, Selesnya's Voice

Always been a sucker for GW, and I really, really like this card because I think it could be better than Rhys the Redeemed, which I'm inherently sick of. There's a little more strategy and technical play you can do with it, and I'm fond of that.

7. Isperia, Supreme Judge

I'm playing Golgari, but I've been really craving a UW build with this deck, so if I pull it, I'll be pretty stoked.

6. Rogue's Passage

I probably won't be happy if I pull this for Sealed necessarily, but this card will make all the Voltron and General-damage centric strategies a whole hell of a lot more relevant.

5. Underworld Connections

Sheer Goofyness, but I like having another copy of Phyrexian Arena I can get to on an opponent's turn. Again, probably won't be so fun for playing tonight, but my EDH decks will be happier later.

4. Vraska the Unseen

If you've been following my spoilers, you know I was super-excited about this card when it came out. And I still am, though Vraska's rank really isn't a congruent indication.

This card will be good. I'm convinced. I'm honestly just trying to downplay me wanting to pull a planeswalker that everyone else wants to pull.

3. Loxodon Smiter

Yeah, this card seems less important than Vraska- but Loxodon looks like a pretty good card to pull for both my deck tonight and for a GW deck I'm working on right now. 

2. Angel of Serenity

If you don't see what's absurd and broke about this card, then stare at it a little longer.

1. Deathrite Shaman

I know, it's a bit of a weird pick. Deathrite Shaman looks like it'll be really good utility, and it's the only card of its kind in terms of value.

I'm not gonna try and talk you into being excited about this card, but if you are, that's pretty cool.

Good Luck and Happy Pulls!


-UL


No comments:

Post a Comment