Thursday, January 10, 2013

Gatecrash Spoilers: Exciting Cards Flavor-Smashing My Apprehension

Less than a week ago, RtR's sophomore block didn't look so sexy.

As predicted though, things look like they're on the upswing.

Especially if you love the Gruul. Normally, this color's been historically kinda garbage, but then came Signal the Clans.


This is the first card I've been legitimately stoked to see. Though still underpowered as far as R/G cards go, a nice Gamble-Style tutor for dudes seems pretty neat. In Commander, this card seems really useful in grabbing utility dudes, or big beefy guys for the late game, and it's a way to maintain a nice inconsistency to keep decks fresh. This card will help Gruul-colored decks everywhere.





Now, one card can't save a whole Guild. Signal the Clans is just the beginning though.


Enter Pit Fight!
Once again, behold the power instants. Yet again, this set of colors gets an upgrade from Prey Upon, and it doesn't cost a bajillion like Alpha Brawl and it isn't sorcery-slow.

Also- check this! It doesn't say, "fights a creature you don't control."






Gruul got the sweep this week, even in the creature department. Thank Rubblebelt Raiders.

Again, this card is just begging to be abused with tokens. I'm a real fan of the triggered ability. Thought this was better design on part of WotC.


Now for some other cards I like.

You can go ahead, as usual, and check 'em out here.
Gatecrash Spoilers

Rapid Hybridization is probably my next favorite, mostly because I like Frog Lizards and new Pongifys. This will be a card in my decks.

Loved Mind Grind too, but won't EVERYONE? I see U/B Lazav Mill being a thing in the future. Or just new, better versions of Wrexial. Naturally, the Mind Grind goes tangent with Consuming Aberration, which works well with Glimpsing Unthinkables.

Vizkopa Confessor seems pretty okay, and so does Biomass Mutation.

Since I want to stay positive, I'll save my grievances against Prime Speaker Zegana for another time.

Pass it up!
-UL

No comments:

Post a Comment