Friday, January 4, 2013

Gatecrash Spoilers Be Killin' Muh Buzz, Man.

Hey Zoners!

Sorry I got off the schedule. Got back from all the travelling I did the past couple weeks and I've been spacing.

Thank goodness I've got GG and VJ helpin' me keep my head on a swivel, and the articles a plenty here on TGZ. They did a good job, and they deserve some credit for working through Christmas and the like.

Now that I'm not-so unhorribly synchronized, it's come to my attention that there's some new cards Crashin' through Gates, and I'd like to talk about them.

Mostly, because I haven't found something to be excited about until Tonight's fresh batch of newbies.

Ladies and Gents, this is probably the first Gatecrash card I've been excited about.



Why? I'm not sure. Cause essentially, this card is trading for something else- but you've got options.

Obviously, I'm not saying there isn't stuff to be excited about, but so far it's been kinda empty.

It's either this card, or the new Gideon- which, yeah, is gonna be super-gross in EDH. Token decks beware! New Gideon's price is gonna Uh-Splode!

But I think that he's kinda obvious, while the High Priest looks a little under-the-radar. Even the art suggests that corrupt/conniving Orhovian feel.

As far as the new legends go, I've talked a little about Borborygmos and Aurelia, and I'm not sold on either.


As far as the Obzedat and Lazav? Well, I'm kinda bored with their design too. Obzedat just seems like they came up with another name for the Council, and added a little more power to its design. Whereas the flip-flop on Niv-Mizzet, at least to me, felt neat, this feels pretty uninspired, which is a bummer. Cause I like me some W/B cards.

Lazav, on the other hand, feels a little more in the right direction. I guess my initial reaction to it is that Lazav seems too "liquid" as far as his ability is concerned. Too liquid, which will make him pretty difficult to build around in Commander, and creating a really bad "pizza milkshake" problem for newer players, and probably even seasoned deckbuilders alike.

I also think he's a HUGE victim of power-creep, but I'm don't whine about strong cards. They're good for any Magic variant.

Anyway, I suggest you start checking the Salvation spoilers. They're usually pretty good.

Gatecrash Spoilz

I'll keep an eye out for any other UL-Exciting-Worthy cards. Really keen on this new Simic Guild Leader. Hope they're slow-rolling it for a good reason.

We've also got a little less than 200 cards to go. So I'll be optimistic. I think we'll find some cards I like after it's all said and spoiled.

Also, lemme know what cards you like down in the comments.

Pass.

-UL.

No comments:

Post a Comment