Thursday, February 20, 2014

You Make the Pick #4

Welcome, welcome! Grandpa Growth back here with another You Make the Pick! I think the great internet recession of 2014 is behind me now so I will be able to get back to a more regular posting schedule. You Make the Pick is a fun, bite-sized, mid-week segment where we look at a booster pack. I will talk about the merits of certain cards and explain what I think the pick should be, but then I hand it over to you guys! Sound off in the comments with what you would take.

Now, weeks ago I promised that there would be new YMTP segments once Born of the Gods came out...and then I dropped off the map. BUT NOW I'M BACK BABY! BotG has come out on MtGO and the ques are firing! It is time to crack open some booster packs and draft! Let's take a look here at a fresh pack:



Straight away I am thinking about the rare. Black was a very strong color in Theros, so staking a claim in Black with pack one could pay big  dividends later in the draft! Aside from that the pack is very weak, there is a solid Black uncommon in Forlorn Pseudamma, which could potentially put one of the players to our left in Black as well. That wouldn't be ideal, but the other options are not very exciting. Pheres-Band Raiders is a decent incentive to play Green and a decent card to ramp into, but there are definitely better cards in the format. This pack is so shallow that we can't expect to wheel anything reasonable.

Not much else to say; this pack is pretty cut and dried. It is always good to ease back into the swing of things once you have taken some time off. So now you know what I would pick, the only question left is...what would you take?

No comments:

Post a Comment