Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spin It Into Myth #2- I Cannot Troll-A-Lie

Well, it's Thor's Day once more, and so I think it's time to "eat, drink, and spin some cards into myth." I can only hope my ancestors will be proud.

We've got some new viewers on the site this week thanks to help of pbnj, so I'll give you the lowdown on what's going on here. Spin It Into Myth is a series where I'll be mentioning a few cards I'm running or intend to run, the intention being to create sort of dialogue with underground tech. It's for those who've ever wondered if someone on the other side of the world was casting the exact same spell at the exact same time. Foolish and idealistic, sure. But now it's possible.

So I'm going to unlock the Landdrops vault of untested tech- things I want to play on the horizon that I think might be awesome and good.

We've only got a few things, but these are the cards on my mind.


Wicked Akuba is one of the new pieces of tech I've already started testing. I'm not sure how good it can be in every deck, but I'm casting this card hard in what I'm calling the "Blacklight Special," which is an Infernal Kirin Spirit/Arcane tribal deck predicated on control/discard.

I've loved drawing it. Often I don't have a lot to do on Turn 3 in the deck based on the curve, so playing him Turn 2 and attacking on Turn 3 and getting a bonus 3 damage seems pretty good. In the late-late, a lot of mono-black decks also have extra mana floating around looking for an Exsanguinate. Since I'm trying to be a little more original, this is my bad conditional copy, which I find pretty funny when I think about the fact that he's a 2/2 dude that is gonna get a forced block over something like a Grave Titan because of what he can do if he hits you. His art is too awesome, and the card is too funny for me to not play. And he fits the theme. The tri-fecta of EDH Scrub player bliss. So folks, cast 'em if you got
'em.


Though the flavor says, "One man's trash is another man's troller," I assure you this is no trolling. I want to play this card. He may not be that good, but he seems like fun and he's got decent utility. I'd like to be able to play spells again in black or blue. With a tutor he's a build-your-own Eternal Witness that also protects people from abusing your stuff or exiling it. Not sure it'll be good, but doesn't mean I shouldn't try. Theory's not always how it works in the real.










On the play with an odd general, this card seems really fun and probably pretty good. I've been thinking about putting something like this in my Heartless Hidetsugu deck, mostly for lolz, but also because this card allows me to hold up mana on Turn 4 and possibly disrupt my opponent's plans.

Either way It'll definitely stop tokens. Bonus points awarded to designs that use this and make all their dudes odd or even. Math is sometimes a wonderful theme. So get off your 'ath and do some Math.


Math Math Math Math Maaaaaath!




Stay Tuned for Saturday, when we'll have Venser's Journalist alongside me and Grandpa Growth as we tackle a pretty good set of cards we've put on The Stack!

Til then, let the hate flow through you or the force be with you.

-UL





































No comments:

Post a Comment