Thursday, January 22, 2015

Calling All Autobots!

Happy Thor's Day Zoners! 

We got a few pieces of mischief I'd like to manage today. First of all, if you're looking for an article from me about what I like to talk about, here's my "Trick" Voltron piece that featured on CommanderCast yesterday. Check it out, leave me a line in the comments if you've got questions or an inspiration.

In other news, let's get to the title for this article. Me and Gramps are in the market for some people that want to talk about Commander content and general Magic news. We're also gearing up for a big return of your favorite tech segment, The Stack, and we're looking for guests for that too.

This message goes out to all Autobots, particularly writers and avid Commanders looking for a soapbox.

So if you have a cool idea for an ongoing segment, or you're interested in chatting about cards, shoot me an email at unclelanddrops@gmail.com. We're here. We're waiting.

You can look forward to next week's feature, where I get to talk about the most Land Dropping Land Drops deck I've designed to date- Titania, Protector of Argoth. 


Alright. Mischief Managed!
-UL


2 comments:

  1. I think that narrowing down what you are looking for out of us autobots would help hone in on a more steady stream of content creators. For instance having a Johnny, Timmy and Spike type players talk about various decks could help to provide more structure for the open ended autobot request you sent out.

    Not saying it's not a good idea, I think it really helps to get different opinions posted, and different content creators are just that. You could also look into checking out other blogs and contacting those writers directly and seeing if they would like to be "featured" in The General Zone (which frankly is an awesome name and would definitely lead to some folks joining up just to put that on their sites).

    It's just an idea. I'd definitely say I'd offer my writing into the mix, but I don't know whether or not talking about dice manufacturing is on the top of the list lol. Maybe once we get going with things, but for now I'm tunnel-visioned into manufacturing some D40s. I'll keep an eye out though and see if name dropping this site to some writers I know would interest them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input Max. I wrote that just to gauge some interest amongst our readers, and I wasn't sure what stuff Grandpa was looking for when I posted the idea up. Also, I like letting people come in if they have a good topic for a new segment. Giving them that emotional investment is a management technique I picked up back in biz school.

      That said, there are some tangible things we have, but I'm not looking to poach people away from other sites if they don't want to, or if their site is already a bigger fish.

      Also- The Stack is pretty tangible. It's something that I want to keep open to people with little time or other site commitments where they can come and contribute. I know you're busy, but shoot me an email if you'd like or when you're done with your dice project.

      The preliminary response to this article has been really surprising. We got some really good ideas, and I'm excited about the direction we're heading.

      Thanks again for reading!

      Delete